For most of us, we support Celtic from a young age and follow the team year after year.
Throughout the highs and lows, we experience it all and here are just ten things you’re likely to identify with/know/experience if you’re a Celtic fan.
- You ALWAYS look at the linesman/Ref immediately after Celtic score an important goal because you’re used to ‘honest mistakes.’
2. You don’t fancy our chances against Rosenborg in a qualifier but EXPECT us to beat Bayern Munich by at least two clear goals in the group stage.
3. You’re used to being lumped in with sectarianism when you’ve never sung an anti-religious song in your life.
4. If you wear your Hoops abroad, you’re getting at least one compliment from a foreign bar/cafe owner saying “mon the hoops” or something to that effect.
5. On that same holiday, you’ll see a wee growler at the poolside with a union jack towel.
6. That moment when the music fades out and a full Celtic Park sings You’ll Never Walk Alone makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
7. You’re polite as f**k when you have Celtic colours on because you’re representing the club and our supporters.
8. In a game of football down the park, you’ve tried to emulate wee Jimmy Johnstone or Henrik Larsson at some point in your life.
9.Doesn’t matter what age you are you can rhyme off the Lisbon Lion team that won the European Cup.
10. You chant SEBO when someone makes an arse of a shot at goal.
Can you name more things you’d only know being a Celtic fan?