It’s the sequel nobody wanted after Kieran Tierney moving to London last year but In the know journalist Duncan Castles has tonight claimed Arsenal have made not one but two bid for Odsonne Edouard.
Castles made the claim on his popular transfer podcast; revealing Arsenal’s initial bid of £15m was kicked out the door swiftly but now they r come back with a £22m bid for Eddy.
• Arsenal up Edouard offer; Atletico + Juve talk to Lacazette— Duncan Castles (@DuncanCastles) September 11, 2020
• Man Utd price up Dalot + Rojo
• Villa beat Tottenham to Watkins
• Klopp gets defensive
• Ashley attacks Premier League over Newcastle sale
• Milan bid for Soumare
• Drunken Zebra awardhttps://t.co/TqfNTRcEzS pic.twitter.com/OT4OG9yJUf
This should also be booted into touch with Arsenal being told our star man won’t be going on the cheap. In a week where a Championship striker has gone to the Premier League for £33m to even put these low bids in is laughable.
Celtic want to keep Edouard but they have a price in mind and if it’s triggered then the player will be off.
If Arsenal think they’re close with £22m they are in for a rude awakening.
With what’s at stake this season for Celtic, it’s going to have to be a record breaking bid and again would have to majorly surpass the fee Arsenal paid for Kieran Tierney.