Celtic have been linked with a move for Atletico Madrid striker, Iván Saponjic, by a publication in Spain.
Neil Lennon has admitted he’d like to get another striker through the door although it isn’t the priority. Back in August after signing Albian Ajeti, the Celtic manager told Alison Conroy he was still in the market for another front man.
Celtic boss Neil Lennon says a club “expressed an interest” in Tom Rogic but nothing more at the moment. On Shane Duffy “I think it’s common knowledge an interest has been expressed but that’s all it is”. He says he’s still looking for a centre half & striker.
— Alison Conroy (@AlisonGConroy) August 21, 2020
According to AS.com, Celtic have shown an interest in the 23-year-old but the player himself is looking to make the breakthrough in Spain at the moment.
Ivan moved from Benfica B to Atletico in 2019 but hasn’t made any significant progress. He has had four minutes of La Liga action in for the club so far.
It appears as if Ateltico would be open to letting the Serbian move on.
This one has come from nowhere and AS seem to be the only one running with the story. We don’t know anything about this guy and first team football has eluded Ivan for the most part during his career so far. It would be a punt at best if Celtic were in for him.