CELTIC’S Europa League opponents have today been handed a 30,000 Euro fine by UEFA for their previous Europa League away day against Real Sociedad.
Zenit were charged with setting off fireworks, throwing objects, lack of order and damage to Sociedad’s stadium.
The Russian side is set to bring 815 fans over to Celtic Park on February for the last 32 Europa clash and emphasis will now be on the behaviour of the away contingent.
Celtic are looking forward to Zenit’s visit and regularly make friends with opposing fans on the day of the game – this will hopefully be the case on February.
UEFA charges and the decision below.
Charges against FC Zenit:
– Acts of damages – Article 16 (2) of the Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
– Setting off of fireworks – Art 16 (2) DR
– Throwing of objects – Art 16 (2) DR
– Lack of order inside the stadium – Art 16 (2) DR
– To fine FC Zenit €30,000
– FC Zenit is ordered to contact Real Sociedad de Fútbol within 30 days for the settlement of the damages caused by its supporters.