FRASER FORSTER’S deal to return to Celtic looks all but dead after news broke last night and this morning about the current state of play.
The bhoys over at the Cynic don’t throw exclusives about lightly and have well placed sources who are able to provide some background from time to time.
Following on from the report yesterday evening the deal looked dead, the Cynic report that Fraser Forster has been told he will be moving up the pecking order at St Mary’s and the player is happy to stay under those terms.
🚨 EXCLUSIVE NEWS🚨
We can CONFIRM that FRASER Forster will NOT be returning
– He's been told he's moving up Southampton pecking order
– Agreement was in place between Southampton and Celtic
– Last year's deal was loan with option to buy
– Celtic wanted to make it permanent pic.twitter.com/CJPttMgdum
— The Cynic (@90MinuteCynic) July 1, 2020
This is a massive blow to Celtic’s transfer dealings. Forster was the main target for many supporters and probably Neil Lennon this summer. Unless something big changes it appears the club we’ll have to look elsewhere.
Joe Hart and David Marshall have been linked with a move lately, who knows what the club will do from here.