Founded – 1899
Stadium – KR-vollur
League Standing – Champions
Manager – Rúnar Kristinsson
- KR was established on 16 February 1899 by Scottish engineer Frank McGregor, making it the oldest football club in Iceland
- Reykjavík has been playing at their own ground, KR-völlur in the west-end of Reykjavík, since 1984, having previously played at the national stadium
- They are the current champions of Iceland.
- They have former Celtic youngster Kjartan Finnbogason on their books.
- They were knocked out at the same stage last year by Standard Liege 6-2 on aggregate and the year before against Helsinki with an aggregate score of 9-1.
- Biggest win: KR 5-1 ÍF, Reykjavik
- Biggest defeat: KR 2-12 Feyenoord, Rotterdam
- Appearances in UEFA Champions League: 8
- Appearances in UEFA Europa League: 10
- Player with most UEFA appearances: 23 Kristján Finnbogason
- Top scorers in UEFA club competitions: 8 Kjartan Henry Finnbogason
- During the summer the city of Reykjavík gets almost 24 hours day light.
Celtic should have enough about them to get through this tie but it will be Ronny Deila’s first official match in charge and we seen under Gordon Strachan that things can go wrong.