There’s a packed Kerrydale suite for today’s AGM with shareholders and the club coming together to pass motions and discuss the state of the club both on and off the field.
The agenda and what will be voted on is below for anyone who’s interested in the order of the day.
Record Sport have put out the agenda for today’s AGM.
1) To receive the company’s annual accounts and the auditor’s report, the strategic report and the director’s report for the year ended June 30 2019
2) To reappoint Dermot Desmond, who retires by rotation, as a director of the company
3) To reappoint Tom Allison, who retires by rotation, as a director of the company
4) To reappoint Brian Wilson, who retires by rotation, as a director of the company
5) To reappoint Peter Lawwell, who retires by rotation, as a director of the company
6) To reappoint Christopher McKay, who retires by rotation, as a director of the company
7) To reappoint BDO LLP as auditors of the company
8) To authorise directors to determine the remuneration of the auditors
9) To grant directors authority to allocate shares
10) Renewal of scrip dividend scheme
11) To grant directors authority to refer to disapply pre-emption rights
Shareholder requisition (ordinary resolution)
12) That the board take steps to refer certain matters relating to the licensing processes of the Scottish Football Association to UEFA or City of London Police
Dermot Desmond hasn’t been to an AGM since 2006 but this year he’s sent his son as his proxy. Peter Lawwell, Ian Bankier and Neil Lennon among others are answering questions from shareholders.
Celtic have been doing very well on the field so Neil Lennon will most likely have his role praised by many. Peter Lawwell and Ian Bankier will face tough questions about what’s going on at the club from spending to projects.
We will continue to cover the AGM this morning and will let you know the highlights as they come.
Celtic and the Green Brigade issue will most certainly be discussed and we’ll be keen to hear from Peter Lawwell on the subject and the Green Brigade’s statement which dropped on Tuesday evening.